untitled

Your office at night, French doors away from the family room

trees touching window panes

Don’t move and it looks like a set, plastic leaves

comic book reflections in the window panes and then

 

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say

(I promise you)

 

1998 Pittsburgh

a balcony at Metropol on 80s Night

chain wallet tapping my hip over mall jeans

You’re chewing a drink straw red with a thin white stripe

A boy with scruff mouthing the words

 

I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be
(I promise you)

 

Drawing twenty-four pages, around

stacked boxes from the last move

80s Night on Sirius XM


But if you wait around a while I'll make you fall for me
(I promise you)

 

The set is real and the scruff is real

And you

The years are real

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Costume Party

Hello